5 March 2007

Gory Fairy Tale

I have seen lots of gory movies recently, such as SAW III. To be honest, Pan's labyrinth is not the goriest movie. However, it is by far the goriest fairy tale I have ever seen. This fairy tale is definately not for children. But adults should be able to handle it and love it for what it really is.

This movie does a great job mixing legand and reality together. Is there really a underworld? Or is it just in the dreams of the little girl? It's up to your decision which part is true and which part is just imagination.

I am not so sure about what the title means. Is Pan supposed to be the goat like figure? Why isnt' he as bad as in the legends? I really have no idea. The pale man with his eyes grown in his hands is fun too, who reminds me of someone from Silent Hill. And I would like to have the chalk very much which can open doors on anything.

The ending is a little bit diferent from what I imagined from the beginning. But I think its more logical and very touching. One of the best movies I have seen recently, which totally deserves the three Oscars given.

No comments: