25 January 2007

Big love

Recently, I have finished another TV serie: Big love, season 1. It's a story about polygamy. In other words, it's about a family with one husband and three wives. It's really fun to watch and I strongly recommend it.

I don't know much about mormons people. I am under the impression that they often wear dark clothes and have very long hair and beard. Polygamy is also what they are famous for.

Many people like me might consider mormon men lucky. But after I finished the first season, sympathy is what I really feel. Polygamy comes with great responsibility. Here are some necessities for a qualified mormon man.

1. You have to work very hard to earn a lot of money. It's certainly not easy to raise a family, expecially when you have 2-digit wives and 3-digit children. And it seems traditional mormon women don't work at all.

2. You have to be super strong and super healthy. Not just physically, which is pretty obvious, but also mentally. You have to be able to pull yourself together when the wives are fighting and the children are crying. It requires no less energy of running a family than running a company.

3. You have to be a good liar. Since polygamy is not allowed by the law, it is usually frowned uopn by others. All the wives but the first have to publicly live as neighbors. All you family members have to careful not to reveal themselves. Or you career or reputation will be severely damaged. And many, many more...

Knowing these, I guess most men won't be jealous of them anymore. But of course, they have their own fun and live as a big happy family. Still, there are many hostile opnions upon them, expecially from those Christians. In my opnion, as long as they don't hurt people or break the law, I guess it's nobody's business but their own.

No comments: