20 January 2007

CFA Level II

A couple of days ago, I got the result for my CFA level I exam: pass. I am so excited with this outcome because I really worked my ass off then. Here goes my detailed result (marked with *):

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
- Alternative Assets 12 - * -
- Derivatives 12 - - *
- Economics 24 - - *
- Equity Analysis 24 - - *
- Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * -
- Financial Statement Analysis 68 - * -
- Fixed Income Analysis 24 - - *
- General Portfolio Management 12 - - *
- Quantitative Analysis 28 - - *

As you can see, I am troubled by those financial statements, which I have never liked or been good at. Unfortunately, I might also have some ethical problems : (. Both of them are heavily weighted and almost add up to half of the credits.

Now that I have got the new curriculum and started preparing for level II of this June. Although I have no plan of being an accountant in the future, the problems will still be haunting me, since these two topics will carry even more weights. Isn't it ironic?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, am giving my cfa level 2 in a month, can u plz guide me, i passed my cfa level1 wid almost the same result as urs, FSA is a big prob for me too!