28 February 2007

National Competitive Exam

I have just got back from the National Competitive Exam of the United Nations. The exam takes place from 6pm to 11pm nonstop, which is another record for me. It was so late that even the subway is out of service. I have to use the expensive taxi to get home.

The questions are not very difficult, most of which are basic economic concepts. However, there are still many that I don't remember very well. But I find that I am very good at those kind of exams. I can keep completely focused the whole time and give detailed answers to the questions that I am not familiar with, hoping to recover at least some of the points.

According to the recruiting regulation of the UN, the results of the exam will ridiculously be released from July to December. Passing the exam means a chance of interview in the UN headquarter in New York city. Even though not very satisfied with the experience today, I still hope to get this chance of the free trip to the big apple.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

5 hours, nonstop, english test...
new record? :)
NYC!
good luck!

Rising said...

Thank you. There hasn't been any comments for a long time. I doubted that nobody is reading this blog besides me.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I read your comment about NCRE. I should pass this exam on February. I would like to ask you some advice. As I understood you passed the exam as economist.

If you want you could contact me by mail: svetlana_cranga@yahoo.fr

Thanks a lot in advance,
Svetlana

Anonymous said...

hello,
I has been invited to take the exam, however I would like to get your feedback about the type of questions they ask and how it is organised. Can you help? If so, please send mean email to irgik27@gmail.com Thanks a lot!!!!